City House Cleaning will be attending site tomorrow, Tuesday 20th December, to complete the remaining gutter clearing that our original contract (HJ Tebbutt & Sons) were unable to complete.
Works to clear the gutters will be restricted to the rear of the north-side houses (No. 44-52) and contractors will be on-site during this operation. They’ll be using specialist equipment to access and clean the rear gutters from the ground floor and will require access through each property and to an electrical point. The contractors will wear protective overshoes when walking through each property. These works will be carried from 8:30am.
Our annual gutter cleaning work is due, and a contractor has been selected (HJ Tebbutt & Sons). Works to clear the gutters will commence on Monday the 5th of December, 2022. HJT&S’ contractors will be on-site during this operation. They’ll use ladders and a cherry picker that will be parked on site (North West Corner of the Estate). These works will be carried out daily from 8:30am.
The schedule will be as follows:
- Monday the 5th of December: Block 3 & 2
- Tuesday the 6th of December: Houses South Side (House 11 – 19)
- Wednesday 7th of December: Houses South Side & Block 1
- Thursday 8th of December: Block 1 & 4
- Friday 9th of December: Houses North Side (House 44 – 52)
- Monday 12th of December: Houses North Side (House 44 – 52)
This schedule may vary according to how things unfold. But the plan is to finish by the 12th of December.
In order to facilitate access for contractors:
- Some flats on the ground floor may be requested access to back patios to clear the gutters on the east side of the state. The same will apply to the west side of the estate.
- House tenants and/or owners may be requested access through their properties.
- We will request vehicle owners from the houses to park somewhere else for a working day while contractors carry out the job in each row of houses.
The work by Thames Water on installing a water system for Plymouth Wharf at each end of the estate is due to be completed this week between Feb 28th– March 2nd. Obviously this will be dependent on the weather!
The irrigation system is then due to be installed next week starting March 5th. It is expected to take approx. 5 days.
Paviors will need to be lifted temporarily to make links from the top river bed to the middle bed and from the middle bed, at each end and on both sides, to the flower beds. This will not affect anyone’s car parking space but it may be necessary at times to drive the wrong way round the Wharf.
If you cannot reach your parking space at any time please park at either end of the Wharf, or in the Visitors spaces or in a space that you know is empty.
We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
The groundworks to support our new garden irrigation system have taken longer than expected and we apologise for the continued parking disruption this has caused some residents.
Thames Water will be onsite 28th February – 2nd March to complete connection of new mains water feed. Following this Rosewater Irrigation will be onsite from 5th March for a week to complete the final installation of the irrigation system itself.
We will post further updates of any expected disruption for week commencing 5th March nearer the time