If you discover a fire in your home:
- Leave your flat immediately closing all doors behind you taking all flat occupants with you
- Call the fire service
- Greet the fire crew as they arrive and give details of the fire location
If you see or hear a fire elsewhere in the development, general advice is:
- The building is designed to contain a fire where it starts. This means it will usually be safe to stay in your flat if the fire is elsewhere
- Leave your flat at once if smoke or heat affects your flat, taking all flat occupants with you, or if you are told by the fire service. If in doubt, get out
If you are in a communal area then leave the building at once by the nearest exit.
- Wait to collect personal belongings
- Take risks
To call the Fire Brigade:
Dial 999 or 112
When the operator answers give your telephone number and ask for fire. When the fire service reply give the address where the fire is:
Plymouth Wharf, London, E14 3EL
Do not end the call until the fire service has repeated the address correctly.
A copy of this Fire Action Plan for you to print out and display in your property can be found on the link below