If you discover a fire in your home:
- Leave your flat immediately closing all doors behind you taking all flat occupants with you
- Call the fire service
- Greet the fire crew as they arrive and give details of the fire location
If you see or hear a fire elsewhere in the development, general advice is:
- The building is designed to contain a fire where it starts. This means it will usually be safe to stay in your flat if the fire is elsewhere
- Leave your flat at once if smoke or heat affects your flat, taking all flat occupants with you, or if you are told by the fire service. If in doubt, get out
If you are in a communal area then leave the building at once by the nearest exit.
- Wait to collect personal belongings
- Take risks
To call the Fire Brigade:
Dial 999 or 112
When the operator answers give your telephone number and ask for fire. When the fire service reply give the address where the fire is:
Plymouth Wharf, London, E14 3EL
Do not end the call until the fire service has repeated the address correctly.
A copy of this Fire Action Plan for you to print out and display in your property can be found on the link below
In responding to a recent emergency callout to investigate a potential electrical fault on the development it was found that a number of residents are storing personal possessions in the riser cupboards between the flats.
This is not permitted under the lease and presents a health and safety issue as well as affecting our buildings insurance.
The riser cupboards are part of the common areas and do not belong to flats, nor do residents have permission to use them. Their intention is not for storage, but to facilitate access to common services (gas, electric and water). As such they should remain free from obstruction at all times. Further to this, storage of any materials within these areas presents a fire risk as it allows fire to quickly spread between floors. Given recent events in London, this is of particular importance.
We request that any residents who are currently storing any personal items in these riser cupboards remove them immediately.
We will be conducting an inspection within 7 days of all riser cupboards whereupon any items found will be removed. Any removed items will be stored for one month when, if not claimed, they will be disposed of.