Following on from our recent fire stopping works, further works are planned on 24-28th September to upgrade fire doors in Blocks 1-4. This is being undertaken as part of a number of steps to ensure the development, built in the late 1980s, is compliant with the latest health and safety guidelines relating to fire.
The work will involve replacement of electrical cupboard doors with new doors that meet the latest standards as well as upgrades to the existing block entrance and 1st and 2nd floor entry doors.
There should be minimal disruption to those in the flats although residents may experience some noise during the hours of work (9am-5pm). Houses will not be affected by this work.
If you discover a fire in your home:
- Leave your flat immediately closing all doors behind you taking all flat occupants with you
- Call the fire service
- Greet the fire crew as they arrive and give details of the fire location
If you see or hear a fire elsewhere in the development, general advice is:
- The building is designed to contain a fire where it starts. This means it will usually be safe to stay in your flat if the fire is elsewhere
- Leave your flat at once if smoke or heat affects your flat, taking all flat occupants with you, or if you are told by the fire service. If in doubt, get out
If you are in a communal area then leave the building at once by the nearest exit.
- Wait to collect personal belongings
- Take risks
To call the Fire Brigade:
Dial 999 or 112
When the operator answers give your telephone number and ask for fire. When the fire service reply give the address where the fire is:
Plymouth Wharf, London, E14 3EL
Do not end the call until the fire service has repeated the address correctly.
A copy of this Fire Action Plan for you to print out and display in your property can be found on the link below